I recently bought Liam a little "Sandy Sunflower" kit that includes everything you need to plant a sunflower. I thought it would be a fun and different thing for us to do so one morning while Brygit was still asleep we did a little gardening.
I was surprised that Liam was as excited about it as he was. Sometimes, when I recommend things, I'm met with a big fat "Not really."
I do not have a green thumb so the kit having step by step instructions and including everything in the same container the flower grows in was perfect.
Liam was very helpful and when it was all said and done, he wanted some immediate results. He wanted his flower to sprout, like yesterday, and he was not happy to hear that he had to wait.
Lucky for him, he was easily distracted and we were met by these little sprouts just 3 days later! They are now three times that size and I think I may be more excited about it than he is.
That picture of him crying... oh, man! Haha! That's great! The first time we planted something, Lilly pulled up a chair and was all, "I'll wait here and watch the flower grow." Haha. Kids.
ReplyDelete