Monday, January 21, 2013

Liam's first birthday

As Brygit's first birthday approaches I keep thinking about Liam's. I started this blog about 3 months after his birthday so I never blogged about it.

Liam's first year was probably the most challenging year of my life thus far. I became a parent which was the most life changing experience, I found out who I was and what kind of parent and person I wanted to be, I quit my job to stay home which took a lot of adjusting and Liam wasn't an easy baby. I'm pretty sure I went his whole first year without sleeping. Seriously, I was so grateful that it took me a little longer to get pregnant with him because I learned how much I wanted him and how far I was willing to go to have him in my life. That reminder sustained me in those "what the heck was I thinking?" moments. Life got better and easier the older he got. Every milestone brought so much joy and reward. His first birthday was the biggest milestone because it led us into the second year of his life which was the most fun I have ever had. My heart grew so much and he taught me in his relentless way how to be a mother and what life is really about.

We celebrated his first birthday in a lot of ways. He already loved animals and was able to tell us the sounds they made which is crazy to look back on because that is way too young to be able to do that. Wave bye bye or clap, yes. Associate multiple animals with their sounds by eight or nine months, no way. And yes, I'm bragging. It's my blog. Let me be proud. Anyway, we took him to the museum to see the stuffed animals and to the zoo for the first time. We also got his hair cut for the first time (he was obviously blessed with faster growing hair than his sister). And, of course, we had a party. A cowboy party to be exact.
 

 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment