In January 2005 I was introduced to this smokin hot guy who played the guitar and could pilot an airplane. He took me to see Life Aquatic, though he had already seen it, and drove out of his way to take me to a Mongolian BBQ that was closed and ended up being dinner at In N Out. A mere two weeks later he told me he loved me, four months later he proposed, the following January we were married and seven years later here we are. Some friends of mine recently reminded me about how fast our relationship progressed but honestly I never thought of it that way. I mean, I remember a few cautionary conversations at the time but mostly everyone was supportive. I had dated a handful (or two) of guys before meeting Paul and it didn't take me long at all to realize he was different. Like, maybe a couple of hours. Anyone who knows Paul would say the same. We didn't feel the need to take the usual 2-3 years of dating. We didn't want to be apart and we knew we never would. And I still don't. I miss him when he's away and I can't sleep if he's not home. He's my best friend and he knows me better than anyone ever has. I can't say we never disagree or we never feel frustrated with each other but I can say that we love each other and our children dearly. It's hard to believe I didn't know him 8 years ago. And, to embarrass him on this special day, here are seven pictures taken roughly seven years ago.







No comments:
Post a Comment