Isn't 2013 a made up year? Aren't we supposed to be living like the Jetsons by now? We rang in this crazy futuristic year with the kiddos in Eastern time. I know, we are major cheaters. We counted down to 9 pm, got the babies to bed then watched a movie while we waited for the New Year to greet us before knocking out. I have spent this whole last week reflecting on the past 12 months and setting goals for the next.
Meeting Brygit is, of course, my favorite part of 2012 and I'm thankful for all that I have learned as I have become a mother of two. Our move was one of the best decisions we made last year so that makes the top of my list as well.
I'm not usually a huge fan of making resolutions. I set goals instead. But this year I'm thinking a little differently. My list of goals have grown to be as long as my arm. I want to be a great mom, wife and friend. I want to be kind and generous and selfless. I want to be healthy and strong. I want to be creative, fun and spontaneous. To keep a clean home. To spend alone time with Paul and each of the kids. To teach my children about God and set a good example. To spend money wisely. To start a yoga practice, learn more about photography and read more. But the only thing I'm resolving to do this year is forgive myself for falling short of these goals. To remember that at one point or another I have been or done all of these things. To strive for perfection realizing that I will never be perfect. To give myself a break every now and then and to love myself regardless of my achievements or productivity. And to compliment myself on jobs well done on those days when my job is thankless. I resolve to relax and soak up all the greatness life has to offer. I will enjoy my kids while they are young because at this time next year Brygit will probably be throwing tantrums and Liam will probably be in preschool. Lord help us! I hope you all had a great New Year! 2013 is going to be spectacular!


No comments:
Post a Comment