Sunday, September 15, 2013

19 months

 

I have been meaning to write a post about Brygit's 18 month milestone for a month now. So, at 19 months, let me tell you, this girl is wild! I kind of feel like she has been quiet for a long time and now she is making her presence known because she is a lot more work than she used to be. A lot of my time is spent trying to figure out what the heck she is saying, distracting her from whatever mischief she is insisting on getting into, cleaning up her purposeful messes and laughing at how hilarious she is. She has been super grumpy the past few weeks as she cuts her last few teeth. When she is in a bad mood she pretty much cries about everything and throws some pretty intense fits. She will scream, throw things, hit, scratch, throw herself onto the floor or bang her head on things. When she is feeling good and she is fed and rested, none of those things happen so I am praying for those teeth to come down and for energy to stay ahead of the game. Most of the time, she is very pleasant. If she has a drawer or cabinet to empty out she is happy as a clam. She enjoys attempting everything she sees her big brother do which is why she is always getting hurt. She loves imitating how he plays as well which means she has been walking around the house in a Buzz Lightyear costume giving autographs and making us applaud her. She has been talking so much lately but, as I mentioned, I have a hard time understanding her sometimes. She will get in my face and repeat herself slowly and I will still be at a loss. Her favorite thing to do right now is say. "Mama. Mama. Mama." I respond, "Yes?" She says, "I don't know." Then we repeat again. The most irritating behavior she has at the moment is spitting. She thinks it's hilarious to take a drink out of her cup then spit it everywhere. So, yes, she has been experiencing her first timeouts. Of course, at the moment, she just thinks it's fun to sit on the step fake crying like her brother. Her sense of humor has always been very unique and it has only gotten better with time. This girl is so hilarious. Sometimes, she's not even trying to be funny but she is. Take, for example, the faces she makes. She makes these faces all throughout the day and they crack us up. I have had a hard time capturing them but here are a few of our favorites.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment