Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween aftermath

Today I found myself searching for ideas of what to do with too much Halloween candy. My favorites are trading it for money or for a new book/ toy or anything else that won't rot your teeth or the idea of saving it for movie nights. Most likely I'll just end up slowly sneaking pieces into the trash or, better yet, my belly. Seriously though, the kids got some random fruit drink at one of our trick or treat stops last night and I have never seen them so hopped up. I found myself googling the ingredients at 10:00 because I was worried PCP might be one of them. No joke Liam is recovering from a sugar hangover today and all he had was a fun size bag of m&ms and a pumpkin cookie. Never again. Besides needing a day or two to recover, our Halloween was a blast. We carved a pumpkin at home a few days before, Liam did a costume parade and party at school, then we went trick or treating in our neighborhood and passed out candy while having dinner with family. Both of the kids were adorable and so sweet. Brygit was a trooper and walked the whole time while carrying her heavy bucket. I kept asking if she needed help and she kept saying no, even at the end when she was carrying it with two hands and grunting. She did stop at one point, put her bucket down, and insist on me opening some Whoppers. I feel the same way sometimes. As for Liam, I'm pretty sure handing out candy at home was the highlight of his night. Every time the doorbell rang he would jump up and run as fast as he could do the door. Hopefully thanksgiving doesn't leave us with so much leftover sugar.
 





 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment