Brygit will be 2 in just over 3 months. I know, don't even get me started on how fast time is passing. My point is that we are definitely in the beginning stages of the "Terrible Twos." She is already much more difficult than Liam was at her age. He experienced Terrible Threes, I think, so maybe Brygit is just getting it out of the way earlier. I hope.
She prefers being naked and when she isn't ripping her diaper off and running from me or kicking and screaming as I dress her, she is very particular about what she wears. Her favorite shirt is her superman shirt with the cape we got her to wear on Liam's birthday. She doesn't like very many pajamas but she is a fan of her purple Ariel pajamas or sleeping in one of my tank tops as a nightgown.
She throws loud fits, cries in the car, hits her brother, spits and pretty much does opposite of whatever I say. I was feeling pretty tired the other day which made her shenanigans extra frustrating. I took her to the park to let off some steam while Liam was in school and the most amazing thing happened. She stopped mid-run across the jungle gym and she turned toward me, put her arms through the bars and wrapped them around my neck. She pulled me close to the germ infested metal and said in my ear, "I love you." For the first time!! Well, really, it was "I ah too," but I knew what she meant. No kidding, I burst into tears on the spot. You mean, even though I have no idea what to do with your wild butt you still trust that I do? How amazing.
That moment mixed with hearing her say, "Oop ee doo," which means Woopsy Daisy is making this stage much easier.

No comments:
Post a Comment