Friday, November 15, 2013

Sick Day

 
You know how sometimes you get so carried away and stressed out about life but then something happens that makes you realize how dumb it is to stress over the little things? Yeah, that's me right now. We are moving and painting and sick and my phone broke and my bank account is broke and my kids have been fighting with each other and making me repeat myself way more times than I like and Brygit wakes up 20 times a night so I'm exhausted and look like I got hit by a truck. But I heard some news from a friend that made me weep. Because it was that bad. Then I kicked myself for complaining about moving and my phone and my kids and money and sleep (oh, precious, amazing sleep). I have everything I ever wanted. Life is challenging but, if it wasn't, what would be the point? 

We stayed home today in an attempt to recuperate and not spread our germs and it has been lovely. Having tickle fights on the couch, cleaning my kitchen while listening to the kids play nicely together, baking a batch of fudge and eating more of it than I am willing to admit, chasing the dog around the backyard, praying and feeling thankful for my life. I should schedule a "sick day" once a week, I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment