Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Musical


Liam had his Christmas program at school yesterday and oh my goodness!!! I have heard mothers brag about their child's school play and I have seen the pictures on Facebook but when it's your own kid there is seriously nothing like it. Like, seriously, he put some antlers on his head and sang "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" into a foil microphone and I nearly fell off my chair in glee. It was like this existential moment where I felt overwhelmed with love and pride and I was made immediately and incredibly aware of how fleeting life is and how every moment counts and I saw my priorities all lined up and I'm pretty sure the face of God appeared in the clouds. Ok, I took it too far but, moms, you know what I'm talking about. It was incredible. He came out on stage and searched for our faces and then he sang his little heart out while trying not to smile.





But the best part was when he peeked his head around all the other parents and gave us this little smirk. Brygit was starting to get upset that she couldn't go to her brother so he mouthed to her, "I'm coming." Kill me now.



No comments:

Post a Comment