Sunday, December 8, 2013

It's the holiday season

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great kickoff to my favorite time of year. Paul had to work on Thanksgiving so we were definitely missing him but the food was delicious, as always, and the company was even better. I know I have said this a million times but I'm so grateful for my in laws who have welcomed me as one of their own. They made Thanksgiving very memorable for myself and my children. And Paul enjoyed his leftovers that evening. 
 






 

The following day was Paul's last day of work before his vacation so we were in very high spirits. We kicked off his time at home by making him take down all of our Christmas decorations. This is the first thing we discovered.
 

This house needs higher ceilings. We let the kids hang most of the ornaments so we have several clusters where they put tons of ornaments on the same branch. And no I'm not moving them because it makes me smile every time I see it. 
 








Since then we have written to Santa with our gift requests, visited the Mission Inn in Riverside for their Festival of Lights, enjoyed the carolers and "snowfall" at the mall and had family over for our second Thanksgiving. I LOVE having my husband home and I LOVE the month of December!
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment