One of Liam's favorite Christmas presents this year was a fishing pole he got from his grandma. I was a little unsure about how he would fare with a fishing pole but I was very surprised the following afternoon when we set it up and started to teach Liam how to cast a line. Actually, I learned too because I have never been fishing and I know nothing about it. It only took Liam a couple tries to become an expert caster (if that's a word). He was casting his line across our entire house so we decided to take his training outside. Again, he was casting his line into our neighbor's flower box. We then took his practice to the lake in our neighborhood and we had a great time. He is a little impatient and he was pretty disappointed that there weren't any fish in the lake but, other than being a four year old, he did really well. I think he has a lot of fishing days ahead of him. My favorite part: Paul whistling the theme to the Andy Griffith Show as we walked along the lake.
No comments:
Post a Comment