Thursday, March 13, 2014

In the moment



Sometimes I find my kids like this and I think life can't get any better. Then I think, "How in the world am I going to get those knots out of Brygit's hair and those yogurt stains out of my couch?" But, mostly, "Life is good."

I have been thinking a lot lately about living a simpler life. Having less stuff, spending less money and using a lot less technology. It's hard to get back in the habit of moving more slowly and stopping to notice God's blessings all around me throughout the day but, when I do, I see things like this, and it makes me so thankful for this life I have been given and it motivates me to be more present in the moment.

And on that note, I'm deleting my Facebook account. I don't like the feeling of having something pulling me away from being completely "there" with the people that matter most to me. And that has more to do with my personality than it does with the actual social network. I have loved catching up with family and friends and feeling like I'm involved with so many people. As a stay at home mom Facebook has often been the extent of my social life. But I think it's time to stop reading about what everyone else is doing and what everyone else is thinking (and eating) and start focusing more on what I am doing and thinking. This is just one step in reeling in our media use as a family.

That being said, I am keeping the blog. I love blogging and I'm going to continue to do it even if nobody reads it. But, if you are interested in reading, you are more than welcome to do so. Please feel free to follow me via Google+ or by entering your email in that little box at the top right of the desktop page to "follow by email" and receive an email notification when a new blog is posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment