Wednesday, March 12, 2014

San Diego according to me (and Paul)

 
I promise I will stop talking about our trip to San Diego after this one last post. Our trip started out with coffee and this flower Liam picked for me that caused one of what felt like 5 meltdowns before we even got to Riverside.
 

Everyone finally mellowed out and we arrived at the hotel in one piece. I'm not sure our room was considered a room "with a view" but I loved it. When we looked out our dirty window we could see the water to our right and Downtown to our left. It was especially beautiful at night.



We settled in and took some mirror selfies before heading out for lunch.


My favorite part of the day has to be dessert. Chunky Monkey to be exact.


Oh and this street performer we met that the kids were terrified of.
 
 
We watched the boats and planes and then headed back to the hotel since Liam was driving us bonkers. Remember, he didn't want to be away from the room so he whined and complained the entire time.


When we got to the hotel I tried to talk to him about how we planned this trip because we wanted to be away as a family and we thought he would enjoy being by the water and seeing new things. He responded with a, "Can I get up now because this is taking a long time." Gotta love four year olds and their attention spans and reasoning capabilities. I might have ended up in tears because I was expecting this trip to be relaxing and meltdown free but Paul reminded me that we still had SeaWorld to look forward to and, of course, the free breakfast buffet. He knows how to talk me off a ledge.


But he still looked like this in the morning. I'm kidding. Everyone was happy. It just looks like they weren't in this picture.


Paul and I were just as awed as the kids were by all the animals. This walrus had him pressed against the glass.


And this show had me smiling the entire time. (I know, how anti-Blackfish of me).


But this was my favorite thing to see. My family having a good time together.


Overall, we had an amazing trip and I do have to say that SeaWorld impressed me. It was clean, not crowded and the employees were awesome. Like, dare I say, Disneyland status. Not as perky but very helpful and informative. More than once we found ourselves stopped and looking at a map when a friendly employee approached us and offered to help us find our way. And more than once were my children spoken to like real people and were offered information on several animals as well as up close experiences. I loved it and we will be definitely be going back.


No comments:

Post a Comment