Friday, March 7, 2014

San Diego according to Liam

 
Liam was way too excited for this trip. He was the main reason we chose to go to SeaWorld. On the way there, he browsed through the brochure and talked about what he wanted to do then he commenced the cliché "are we there yet?" game.

 
We checked into the hotel and he was thrilled about everything! The revolving door in the lobby, the elevator with the window, the couch, the beds, the TVs. He was ecstatic. It was very fun to watch until I remembered that any time Liam is way too excited, he kind of melts down. Like his little body can't handle so much excitement so it just kind of explodes into a whiny, crying, fit throwing mess. In his defense, I didn't really let him do what he wanted to do. Paul and I wanted to walk along the water and look at the boats and the Navy aircraft. Liam wanted to sit in the hotel and watch TV. Not because he was being a couch potato but because he was happy to be in a hotel room. Weird, I know. Anyway, he kind of drove us crazy the whole time we were away from the room but he did enjoy chasing pigeons with his sister and eating a ginormous burrito.
 
 
Don't let this innocent smile fool you.

 
Luckily, the next day was a whole different story. Liam was very excited once again but I think he was too mesmerized with everything to let it get the best of him. We arrived at SeaWorld well before they opened and he stood at the gate like this.

 
When they opened them, he ran around the entryway yelling, "SeaWorld! SeaWorld!!! It's SeaWorld!!" The rest of his day was spent pressed against glass.

 
Or hatching out of eggs.

 
Or educating his little sister.

 
We sat in the Soak Zone at the Killer Whale show even though Liam was adamant that he did not want to get wet. We were relieved that he can't read yet but we were nice enough to pick him up and move back a few rows once the splashing started.

 
Yesterday, in the bath, Liam was said he was training Brygit. I think he wants this to be his career.

 
But THIS was the highlight of his day. Definitely his favorite part.
 
 
He was so brave and even touched these huge Bat Rays.

 
And fed a ton of flamingos.


 
He was very serious but he loved every moment and I loved watching him enjoy himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment