Tuesday, July 18, 2023

The Legacy Continues

This post is a bit different than the hundreds my mother has made, because it is not written by my mother herself. It is written by me, Liam. The past few days my family has found me disappearing to the computer multiple times a day, just so I can read this blog. I know my mom doesn't like to toot her own horn, so I will for her. I have been astonished by how my mother can write. Just for the two days of reading the past posts, I have found myself Laughing out loud, secretly smiling, and even welling up with tears. My mom always tells me that she loves me, and of course I knew that, but I never really dwelled on how much she really loves me. Reading some of the first posts she made in 2010, I found out. I was absolutely stunned with the powerful wave of love she feels for me, and the notion that I was her whole world. After that, I now consider "Our Growing Bubble" Legendary, like an old Egyptian slate that shows proof about the past and how it happened. Now with a new addition to the household, Finnlay Preyss Kowalski, I wanted to re-do mom's blog into something that can help us remember memories that we have about him. I might be a little late, being that Finnlay is already almost 3. But I still think I can log things about him because sometimes he says the funniest things! This will no longer be a mothers blog with parenting advice, but, ever since Finn was born, I have had a special bond with him. I obviously have to have a bond with him because he is my brother, but I have a different relationship with him as well. I am 11 years older than him, and I have felt a sort of a mentor role for him. So, this won't be a mother blog, but it will be a big brother blog. I think helping with Finnlay is definitely a little practice dummy for my future parenting (hopefully). I have taken lots of traits from my mother, her popping knees, her stressing out about things she doesn't need to stress about, her caring spirit, and I hope she was able to pass down to me her amazing writing skills. I am honored to carry on her legacy, and just like her, I will try to be as honest and real as possible on this blog. (She's not dead, by the way)


No comments:

Post a Comment