Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Almost Three

Plans for Liam's 3rd birthday party next month are in full swing. That usually means that I am so excited about the party that it keeps me from feeling too sentimental about how big he is getting. That is definitely not the case this year. I have been completely grieving over the fact that Liam really is no longer a baby... or even a toddler. He's a full blown big boy. He has grown up so much just in the past few months that Brygit has been with us. It hasn't been an easy ride and we are still definitely being challenged but he has become so much more mature and independent in such a short amount of time.

About 4 months old

First Birthday

Second Birthday

A few days ago

From the moment he was born he has kept me on my toes, given me a run for my money, and taught me all of the things about life and love that I thought I was supposed to teach him. He has made me laugh, made me cry, made me yell, and made me fear and worry more than I thought possible. I am so proud and so in love with him that, at times, it feels like my heart may burst. He is a sweet, loving, demanding, bossy, hilarious and smart ball of energy. My life was forever changed the day I met him and it continues to change and grow each day right alongside him. I would say that I can't wait to see what his life has in store for us all but I think I can. As difficult as he can be, I want him to always want to be close to me, to wake up in the middle of the night just because he wants me to hold him, to ask me to push him on the swings or play trains with him. I'm going to miss these days terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment