Paul and I have decided to sell our house and move. There are many reasons for this decision and a lot of thought, discussion and time has brought us to this point. We aren't moving very far but we plan to be in a better neighborhood with better schools and a little closer to family and friends. We have had the hardest time making this decision and it's only the first step in this long process. We love our home and we have so many memories here. We really wish we could just pick it up and take it with us but, as I have said a million times before, change is good. It is definitely not easy but it's for the best. We are always so hesitant to give up something that makes us happy for something that may make us happier. The first lesson we have learned is what defines home. I don't get to take the rooms or the walls, or even the plans and dreams I had for this place with me but I can take my family, pictures and memories. We can create "home" anywhere, really, as long as we are together. It sounds cliche but in times like these I learn how much I cling to and feel attached to material possessions when they really don't matter at all. I love learning this lesson and I'm happy that my children will grow up knowing that Paul and I made the best and wisest decisions for them when they definitely weren't the easiest. The other night Paul and I took a tearful (on my end) walk down memory lane and it made me think of some of these pictures.
These are just a tiny handful of my favorite memories with this house. We aren't saying goodbye just yet and I plan to make a few more but I'm looking forward to making new ones in a better place for my family.


Big changes! I'm sure watching your home be built & making all those memories in a fresh place that you are so emotionally attached to can be hard. But I think the Lord steers us to these decisions for a reason- it will all work out for the better.
ReplyDelete