We finally made it to one of Lowe's Build and Grow clinics for children. Every two weeks they have a fun toy or game for children to build. It is completely FREE and it teaches them how to use tools properly and they get to keep what they build. I have been wanting to take Liam to one of these for probably about a year. I just wasn't sure if he was ready but I'm glad we finally went. The craft was super quick and easy and I helped him along. His favorite part was banging the hammer (on everything) and he felt so proud of himself as he walked out of the store saying, "I was a builder!"
My mom came with us and held Brygit while we worked and she was a little concerned about all the hammering.
For me, the best part was the fact that each child gets a certificate of completion for every toy they make along with a patch to iron on to their complimentary apron. I ironed Liam's first patch on when we got home and he enjoyed prancing around the house fixing things.
In case I've never shown it before, below is Liam's concentrating face. He has made this face ever since he was a baby and I'm pretty sure it's my favorite. I'm also pretty sure that I've seen his dad and grandpa make the same exact face.
And while this was all going on, Brygit was eating a giant spider. Yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment