Brygit is six months old today and, yes, I'm going to say it again. Where has the time gone? I feel like I just had her and half a year has gone by? Sheesh!
I was thinking the other day about the personalities of my children. I was wondering what their talents and gifts would be when they were older and I realized that they already have them. Liam is so super smart (like freaky genius smart) with what I'm pretty sure is photographic memory. He is so sweet and sociable once he warms up and he tends to be the life of the party. He definitely has a leader's personality and he sure knows how to assert himself and make his opinions known.
Brygit is so so sweet natured. She's calm and collected most of the time and she can be found with a smile on her face pretty much all the time. She is relaxed and goes with the flow but she is no pushover. She can be loud when she wants to be and she talks and laughs with her whole being. She is curious and needs to touch and taste everything within reach. She rolls or scoots on her belly to get to where she wants to go but she prefers riding on my hip facing forward. She doesn't like sitting as much as she likes standing. One of her new favorite things to do is drop toys just so she (or I) can pick it right back up. Liam is her favorite person next to me. She can't help but smile when he's around. Everything he does is hilarious. She spends a lot of time playing with her feet. She likes grabbing them and nibbling on her toes and she enjoys kicking them along to some good music or just kicking anything that makes noise. She also uses them like a second set of hands to reach things out of her grasp.
She has been making the strangest face where she crinkles her nose and shows her teeth as she breaths in and out very quickly. Paul calls it her, "Mommy, pick me up" face because she usually only does it when she wants to be picked up (or when she has boogies).
She is very curious and watches everything we do, soaking it all up.
She has two teeth and she's working on lots more. She has been introduced to rice cereal and sweet potatoes. She loves being put in her high chair and she really likes rice cereal but she's not a huge fan of the sweet potatoes right now.
This baby has been such a blessing to me. She makes me smile when I don't feel like it and I'm so lucky I get to be her mom. I'm excited to see the kind of little girl she will become in the next few months but I'm dreading the loss of her sweet, innocent, babyhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment