Monday, February 24, 2014

Salesmen

 
Liam is selling chocolate for Tee Ball and he is having a blast doing so. He asks to go out "delivering chocolate" every afternoon because he says that it makes people happy. "Everyone is just so happy with their chocolate." We have a system going where Brygit rings the doorbell, Liam holds the box and asks, "Would you like to buy some chocolate for my baseball team?" and then Brygit helps hand the chocolate over while Liam collects the money. And, occasionally, they stand on the porch and scream and fight over the box while I try to break them up right as the person opens their front door. And once there was a time where a few little dogs ran out and jumped on Liam leaving him screaming and crying which resulted in a guilt induced sale.
 
I, personally, have been surprised at how nice people are. I have always been the kind of person who hides in the house when the doorbell rings or who never has cash or who at least hesitates before buying anything. So it surprises me when people respond with an "Absolutely!" or "I'll take three!" or who ask how we like our new place. Or, even better, "Here's the money but you can have my candy bar." I think I almost cried. People can be very sweet sometimes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment