Saturday, December 17, 2011
10 more weeks!
I'm 30 weeks, 2 days as I write this but I am 29 weeks in the photo. I haven't gotten around to taking a 30 week photo yet since we just got back from a mini vacation and are catching up on some much needed R & R. I'll write a post about our trip later. For now, I want to catch up on my pregnancy posts since I'm nearing the end at an abnormally fast rate of speed.
I feel like I haven't talked about it much because it seriously has been so easy! It really has been a walk in the park compared to my first pregnancy. Let's hope I can keep saying that once she arrives. I have passed the point of "fitting" into maternity clothes and am now at the point where my maternity tanks don't cover the band of my pants. I have taken to shopping for mini-dresses or tunics at Forever 21 and wearing them as shirts.
The biggest symptom I have been experiencing is PRESSURE! Most women who have had a child should know what I'm talking about. It's that feeling you get at the end of your pregnancy when your baby "drops" and is now sitting head down in your pelvis. Except that I've been feeling it for a while now. My doc thinks I'm just carrying low and it's totally normal but I feel like she's going to just fall out one of these days. Liam used to kick me in the ribs and this child kicks me in my hip bones.
One symptom I have that is very reminiscent of my pregnancy with Liam is heartburn. Massive heartburn. When I lay down at night I feel like I literally have fire in my throat and I could just blow it out like a dragon. Luckily it is able to be squelched by a couple of Tums and avoiding spicy foods like the plague. I had it so bad with Liam that I had Paul sneaking me Tums when I was in labor and not allowed to eat anything. I must remember to do the same this time around.
As I mentioned earlier time has been flying by. I feel like I just found out I was pregnant. We finished our last childbirth class at the hospital and the nurse was telling us to pre-register with Labor and Delivery so that we don't have to fill out paperwork while in labor and, also, to start packing our hospital bag. Then I read on Baby Center that now would be a good time to assemble large baby items that we plan on using. Register at the hospital? Pack my bag? Assemble large items? My first reaction is that now would be way too premature for those things but then I do the math and realize it really is about that time. I just can't believe it. And I haven't done any of those things in case you're wondering.
Emotionally I am feeling much more confident than I was a few weeks ago. I know that I can handle raising two little ones if I just take it one day at a time and drink enough coffee to get me through each day. Liam keeps asking me if it's time for the baby to come out and every time I leave the house and return without him he checks to make sure the baby is still in there. I told him that she has to get a lot bigger before she can come out so every day he lifts up my shirt and talks about how much bigger she is getting and how she is going to come out soon. Today at Target I was looking at baby clothes and he grabbed an outfit off the rack and threw it in the cart for "baby sisser." Again, I had to explain that she didn't need it quite yet. I am feeling very excited about them meeting. I was very worried about jealousy and Liam's reaction to me holding the baby and whatnot but now I think he will do great. (Fingers crossed.)
Tomorrow I have a 4D ultrasound appointment and I can't wait to see what my little girl is looking like in more detail. For now, this is a picture the doctor took last week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you're almost there! exciting!
ReplyDeletewith my first pregnancy, i was packed, pre-registered and ready to go weeks in advance. with the second, i was packing my hospital bag after my water broke and i completed the registration paperwork from my hospital bed. haha.