Regardless of the fact that this post is going to sound like we have been doing nothing but spreading Christmas cheer, we really have been busy. Paul's first week of vacation has pretty much been spent running all the errands we have been putting off the entire year... or at least the last couple of months. The truck was smogged, the cans and bottles were recycled, Paul saw the optometrist. But you all don't want to hear about that and I don't exactly want to relive it so here is what we have been doing in between those things.
We recieved the best gift last year from Paul's grandma. It's a kit to decorate your own ceramic tree. We spent a morning painting it and putting the lights on it while listening to Christmas music and eating gingerbread men.
Actually, I think Liam was the only one eating the gingerbread. He calls them "cookie cutters" and they must all have faces drawn on with icing in order to be eaten.
We also spent an afternoon picking out a real tree in the freezing cold. We want this to be a tradition since our big tree is fake and we want our children to have the experience of picking out a real one. I kept telling Liam to smell the trees and I tried to explain to him that these came from a forest but I think he's just really excited about having two trees. He keeps telling everyone he has a big tree and a little tree.
He and Paul did a great job decorating it too. By the way, that is what his hair looks like when he gets up from a nap. Completely untamable.
The last couple of days Liam has been insisting on playing outside even though temperatures haven't climbed very far past 50 degrees and our lows have been very close to 20. We are praying for snow but I think we are just being teased.
No comments:
Post a Comment