Monday, December 19, 2011

Disneyland Vacation/ Camera Fun

My little family took a short vacation last week. We spent a morning at Disneyland, checked into our hotel next door for a nap, then headed back to Disney where we left Liam with Grandma and Grandpa so we could enjoy a nice evening alone. During this evening Paul gave me my birthday presents a day early which were a new flash and new lense for my camera. I was so excited but so overwhelmed because I have a lot of learning and adjusting to do but I practiced all weekend so now you get to look at my boat load of pictures. The one above was taken the following morning when Liam woke up in the hotel. (Oh, we also had an amazing dinner at Bubba Gump and tons of laughter and uninterrupted conversation. It was lovely.)

These pictures were all taken the next day when we went back to Disneyland yet again but with sore calves this time from walking so much the day before. Of course, when we started to take pictures of Liam he decided he didn't want to cooperate and, instead, decided to make silly faces.



We got a few cute ones in, of course, because he's just too adorable to not be photogenic.



We also had a visit with Santa and I was very surprised when Liam sat on his lap and told him what he wanted for Christmas. This kid used to cry if a stranger even looked at him so this was a huge accomplishment for my shy boy. He told Santa that he wanted more trains and when Santa asked him what kind of train he told him, "a Percy train" from Thomas and Friends. This was the first time he has even mentioned a Percy train and I wiped my brow in relief that we coincidentally have one for him.



It was a fun filled, exhausting two days and we headed straight to Long Beach for an overnight stay at the Queen Mary. I played with my new camera accessories some more there so I will dedicate a whole post to it in a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment