My favorite Christmas moments this year were as follows:
Exchanging pajamas on Christmas eve while Liam talked excitedly about how Santa brought them to him because he was a "big boy." He had no clue what he was in for the next morning and I love that he would have been happy even if he only got pajamas.
Christmas Eve candlelight service where Liam held his own candle and asked repeatedly, "Now I blow it out?"
Watching Liam "shoot" his entire family with a giant candy cane turned around like a gun.
Playing Santa on Christmas Eve after Liam fell asleep then staying up late talking to Paul.
Liam insisting that Santa needed CHOCOLATE milk with his cookies then talking all morning about how much Santa LOVES chocolate milk since he "drank it all gone."
Asking Liam if he was having a fun Christmas only to hear Paul exclaim, "Yes! This is so much fun!" as he played with Liam's dinosaur toy. Then later that night, after telling him how tired I was, hearing him say, "But I want to play with Liam's new toys."
Liam "mousekersizing" with his new basketball hoop.
Hearing Liam gasp and say, "Oh my gosh!" in his sweet little voice while he opened presents.
Playing Ring Around the Rosie with Liam, my niece and nephew, and four or five other adults.
Spending time with family, giving gifts to the children in our families, experiencing thoughtfulness and generosity and pretty much every other moment of the day.
P.S. I am well aware that Liam has chocolate on his face in almost every picture I took. It was that kind of weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment