For the past two years I have written Top Ten lists about the things I am most thankful for. You can read those here and here. This year I am definitely thankful for everything contained in those lists and so much more. But the two things that stick out in my mind the most are God and family. I keep having these moments recently where I can't believe how lucky I am to have these people in my life. I was sitting on the floor of the kids' bathroom a few days ago as I supervised Liam playing in the bath while Brygit cleaned out the cabinets. I was watching Liam pretend and talk to his toys and I had this moment where I saw how beautiful and grown up he is. I thought about the day I gave birth to him and I couldn't believe how fast time has gone. And I couldn't believe how incredibly honored I feel to have been chosen to be his mom. I am so thankful for the opportunity and the challenges as well as all of the fun parts and I'm thankful for the person I am becoming because of him. Then, yesterday Brygit learned how to fake laugh. As Liam and I giggled at the way she showed her teeth and threw her head back, I thought about how scary and worrisome pregnancy and childbirth was. How I spent 9 months praying for a healthy baby and blindly trusting God that this little person will turn out alright. I am so thankful for the health of my children as well as the opportunity to nurse them both and contribute to their health. As for Paul, I couldn't have imagined a more perfect man for me. Watching him work so hard to set our home up so that I don't have to live out of boxes while he is away at work makes me feel so taken care of. The other day I was feeling frustrated with trying to do housework while Brygit demanded to be carried around and Liam demanded I play with him. I called Paul at work and he knew just what to say to make me feel encouraged and put things in perspective. Just hearing him tell me how delicious dinner was or how much he enjoys being with us on his days off makes me so very thankful for him. I don't know what I would do without my little family. I'm thankful for the plan God has for our lives and for the memories he is giving us along the way. I hope you are all thinking of how thankful you are for the irreplaceable people in your life.
And, as is tradition, I am posting a picture from last year's Thanksgiving. Liam, Brygit and I stuffing our faces.
And, as is tradition, I am posting a picture from last year's Thanksgiving. Liam, Brygit and I stuffing our faces.
No comments:
Post a Comment