Monday, April 11, 2011

NOOK


I have been reading so much lately thanks to my generous husband who bought me a NOOK for our anniversary in January. I can't sing enough of its praises. It's lightweight, you only need one hand to read and turn pages (a necessity for a toddler toting mom), it has Wi-Fi, a screen that is easy on the eyes that I like to compare to an Etch A Sketch screen, and some amazing deals on book purchases. Every Friday is "Free Friday" where you can download their featured book for free. FREE! Every week! They also have books on their "Steals and Deals" list that are super cheap. I just purchased a six thousand page anthology that contains twenty five classic works for only 99 cents. Seriously, it doesn't get better than that. I know I'm sounding like a commercial and a nerd but, really, if you like reading and you don't have a NOOK (or something like it) you should definitely consider it. I made a goal at the beginning of 2010 to read at least 12 books in the year (one a month). I made it to ten and was pretty proud of myself. Since recieving the NOOK in January, I've read eight books this year already. That's like a book every two weeks. It's amazing.


As much as I love it, though, I think I just may love a little blonde boy who lounges around pretending to read in a diaper and a Thomas the Tank Engine pajama top just a tad more. Just a tad.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... 8 books this year! I think I would miss holding a book though. I love the smell of old library books... gross but true.

    ReplyDelete